In the Madison area, we have at least 7 friends groups:
- Friends of Cherokee Marsh
- Friends of Hillcrest Upland Greenway
- Friends of Kettle Ponds
- Friends of Lake Wingra
- Friends of Pheasant Branch
- Friends of Stricker's Pond
- Token Creek Watershed Association
So, why don't we form such a group here? All we need, really, is a few "old hands" to advise the groups, and a website to help with education and coordination. Members of the board of Friends of Lake Wingra would be good people to start the Friends Network, since they are about to spearhead a new project on stormwater, and need to meet with the various groups. Any volunteers?
Note: Some inaccurate material was removed from this posting on 5/19/10.